I was nominated by Melissa @ booknerdmomo for the Blogger Recognition Award. Thank you so much! ❤ If you aren’t following her, you should be.
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two advice to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to
How quirkyandpeculiar started
I was doing an internship at a university chemistry lab and I was basically trying to figure out what to do with my life (I was a rising junior in highschool at the time). I had been back into reading for a while and had just started a Bookstagram when I noticed so many people had blogs and thought why not? It really helped me figure out that chemistry isn’t for me and while I had fun at my internship there were so many other things I could do with my life.
Advice to new bloggers
My blog is almost at a year but I still feel like I just started it, but my main advice would be to have fun. Your blog shouldn’t feel like a chore or something you have to do. If it does take a month and then come back and see if it feels different. Try talking with other bloggers with similar interests. Interacting with others not only gets your blog out there but will also help you find friends. Honestly I don’t know much about blogging because I just post whenever and have no real structure to my website but make sure your blog reflects you. If you want to change something then do it! That’s all of my advice but you probably shouldn’t follow any of it because I never know what I’m doing (jk 😛 ).
- Eden @booknerdquirks
- Ashleigh @ afrolicthroughfiction
- Michelle @ imanadventurest
- Beth @ readingeverynight
- Shanayah @ scarletbookkeeper
- Sarah Clare @ behindonbooks
- beth @ hellobeautifulbookblog
- Magda @ maginibooks
- Lauren @ wonderlessreviews
- Nazahet @ readdiverscebooks
- Shannon @ shannonpaigewaters
- Astra @ astrangersguidetonovels
- Shameka @ booksoverblumen
- Shealea Iral @ thatbookshelfbitch
- Miguel @ thequirkyreader
If you haven’t checked out the above nominated blogs you totally should!